Friday 1 April 2011

Aashayein.. World Cup 2011 A Dream


Teri woh raftaar ho (Such should be your pace)
Roke se bhi tu na ruke (That even if stopped you shouldn’t stop)
Haasil kar aisa shikhar (Achieve such heights)
Parbat ki bhi nazarein uthe” (That even a mountain has to look up to you)

On Wednesday India defeated Pakistan to reach the finals of the ICC World Cup 2011. There is tremendous pressure on the team to win the cup. As an avid cricket fan, I honestly was surprised to see my team enter the finals. I mean it’s not the best unit in the world in terms of defense (bowling and fielding) yet it managed to conquer such heights. Before the tournament started India was touted as the favorites (reasons for which failed me completely) but as the league games started the “favorites” tag started to lose some shine thanks to some patchy performances by the Indians  and also because of  our awful media(they honestly have verbal diarrhea). But somehow the Team has managed to win and come out trumps in all the crunch matches. So what makes this team tick? How can they possibly win against some of the best teams in the world?
I would like to give a lot of credit to the players and the captain. They know their strengths and weaknesses more than you and me. They try to play their strengths and more often than not have been successful. I as an Indian am proud of my team and what ever they have achieved so far. They have given me a tight slap on the face for not believing in them and their abilities. I am really happy that they have made it so far. Even if they don’t win tomorrow it wouldn’t make me unhappy. Yeah! It would be great to have the cup in India in the hands of one of the best captains of the Indian Cricket Team but no matter what happens I stand by them.
My message to Team India – Go and play your best. Race the odds and better your own performance. You are your toughest competitor. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment